Sunday, January 14, 2018

VINTAGE FARM PHOTOS (SORT OF)

Playing around with the photo editing filters on this cold weekend.  Thought we'd see what the house and barns would have looked like in an old photo, ha.  


Here's a view of the house I'm not sure we've posted (at least not often).  For reference, this is the back side, you can see where the original house ended at the roof line and then "Ma" added on the back section about 20 years ago.  That was originally a porch but is now the dining room (the windows) and the mudroom (the non window portion).

Looks kind of cool as an "old photo", ha.  



We suppose the barns should be more "worn out" to look like this was an actual vintage photo, but it was still fun to do and see the outcome.  


It's a cold day here, sunny today, but cold.  And we have snow/sleet in the forecast this week.  

More tomorrow...hope you are having a good weekend. We're just hanging inside where it's warm.

10 comments:

  1. Too much fun. Our farm looks like this without the filters! Except the grain bin house. It has a bit of new shine to it. Love the last picture. Dormant or even dead trees still have a "life" of their onw don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was wondering if when the sun is just right, your grain bin house shines in the daylight? That would be some cool pics, just saying. ;-).

      They do have a life of their own, I love that you can see "underneath" and what they look like "naked". Wait, that sounds wrong, ha. Does that make me a peeping gardener? :-)

      Delete
  2. I love your barns - mine is so functional but yours looks like something out of Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks. Maybe from the outside, and they are only a couple years old. Inside though they are a bit less organized, ha.

      Delete
  3. Cool photo effects. I love the twisted old tree (mesquite?) - such character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was bored, ha . It is fun to play around with though. And yep, that's actually "Barnabas", our party tree. He looks so different in the Winter. It's an old mesquite. An arborist told us once it had to be close to 75 years old, maybe more. Stay warm!!

      Delete
  4. what cool photos! stay warm! we have snow on the way...yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw your snow pics, just beautiful!!!! And Winnie, my God that is the cutest baby!!!!

      Delete
  5. That house looks like it belongs in Texas.I love old houses!You two are really shaping that place up.Ya come a long ways baby! lol.When we get the outside of ours done I'll post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking photos.
    The house photo would look cool; framed and hung on your farmhouse wall

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!